2. Married and family?: Married with three daughters 3. How long have you been lifting? 35 years lifting. 25 years powerlifting
4. Do you lift in gear or raw? What type? Geared. Super Boss briefs and suit, Evil Twin Bench Shirt, Velocity deadlift suit
5. Are you a bench specialist or a 3 lift athlete? Three lift always
6. What are some of your accomplishments? Titles? Multiple WPC World titles, WPO appearance, Squat 960, Bench 666, deadlift 716
7. What federations have you lifted in? CDFPF, WDFPF, WPC, GPC, IPL, WPO
8. What is your preferred federation? WPC/WPO
9. Best advice given to you/ Best advice you can give? Never fear the weight but always respect it.
10. Training philosophy, beliefs, and/or methods? Conjugate/Westside
11. How many days a week do you train?> Four days a week for main lifting sessions with extra sessions thrown in on off days
12. Training style? Conjugate/Westside
13. Some of your fondest memories? The Irish Pro in 2017 and the 2019 WPO Finals
14. Favorite lift and why? The squat by far. I’ve always been good at squatting and I always look forward to it.
15. Do you have any records or championships? Multiple WPC World Masters records
16. Greatest motivation? Chuck V
17. What is your diet like? Follow the Vertical diet with a cheat meal every saturday
18. One thing nobody knows about you?
19. Any pre-contest superstitions? I don’t have any superstitions. I keep meet day the same as every other lifting day
20. Future plans? Have the largest squat for anyone over 50
21. Describe yourself in one word? Stubborn
The Alaniz family are true American pioneers in the field of innovating and manufacturing Powerlifting and Strength products.
Since 1981, they have played a leading role in the development of equipment and the growth of the sport through sponsorships and contributions.
Pete Alaniz was awarded the prestigious Brother Bennett award from the USAPL in 2006. ×
Since 1981, Titan Support Systems Inc has been leading the charge in innovation and craftsmanship of Powerlifting and Strength products.
Each product we innovate undergoes a lengthy research and development process.
We have a dedicated team of product engineers and our products are tried and tested by leading strength athletes across the globe.
Our belts, singlets, wraps and equipped gear are proudly manufactured in the United States.
In spite of the pressures of globalism resulting in mass importation of low cost and poor quality imports from Pakistan, our brand has remained firm in it's commitment to manufacturing quality products in our home state of Texas.
Our products enshrine the true values of the American heartland - handwork, dedication, commitment and pride in work.
Titan Support Systems Inc is the embodiment of the American dream, which is only made possible due to the loyalty of our customers.